Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

LnLT Play By Forum: HoN #14 Assault on Vierville

Ty Snouffer

I forgot about the smoke attempt, my bad.

About the order thing ok i forgot that too and was on the phone. Sorry.

No worries. Just helps me keep things straight as we go along.

Let me know if you have any other Orders though. It is German impulse and the US has a few more units.

Rydo

No worries. Just helps me keep things straight as we go along.

Let me know if you have any other Orders though. It is German impulse and the US has a few more units.

The problem here is that if we move the shaken squad behind the building we no longer benefit from the +1 in the rally phase for the positive TM.

We are out of actions or useful ones.

[ Orders ] - I'll call a pass.

Ty Snouffer

TURN 4

: Germans pass.
: US Fires on spotted MMC/Medic hex. NE.
: Assume Germans pass again.
: US passes
: Assume Germans pass for thirs in a row. EOT.
: Germans win initiative for Turn 5.
: Rally of MMC with Medic fails.
: Baring any SW changes, German impulse

Orders?

Current state at BOT 5:
image.png

Rydo

Question ? If a Leader carries a SW it can occupy buildings like a squad and score VPs?

If yes then --> [ Order 1 ] - Switch SW from the squad in Lt.Plassman hex to the Liutenant himself.

[ Orders 2 ] - Activate Lt.Koch and his squad and double time in : C5 - C6 - D7

US stuff.

Barthheart

Staff member
I don't think leaders can ever count as occupying a building. This came up a very long time ago in a game I was playing with Mark Walker.
I used a leader to try and get cheesy win and Mark was going to make sure that never happened again! :)

Your order 2 could get snipered in C5 and will get shot at in C6, less of a problem... although the dice seem to hate us in this game....:p

But I agree order 2 is the best move.

Rydo

Question ? If a Leader carries a SW it can occupy buildings like a squad and score VPs?

If yes [ Order 1 ] - Switch SW from the squad in Lt.Plassman hex to the Liutenant himself.

[ Orders 2 ] - Activate Lt.Koch and his squad and double time in : C5 - C6 - D7

US stuff.
I don't think leaders can ever count as occupying a building. This came up a very long time ago in a game I was playing with Mark Walker.
I used a leader to try and get cheesy win and Mark was going to make sure that never happened again! :)

Your order 2 could get snipered in C5 and will get shot at in C6, less of a problem... although the dice seem to hate us in this game....:p

But I agree order 2 is the best move.
My orders are desperate. The next turn we are gonna lose and if finally we can get some luck we can win at the very end by rushing south.

Please dice :)

Ty Snouffer

22.1 is pretty clear that Control requires a "Good Order MMC or Hero." Leaders, SW or not, are not part of the picture.

Not sure why you would want to change the SW to Plassman when the MMC is GO. That happens in the Rally phase for free anyway.

In the meantime I'll execute, Order 2.

Ty Snouffer

Turn 5

: Germans - Koch and MMC on the move. Evades OF from Sniper. OF catches them in the building though from US MMC.
: US - Medrow Spots Plassman but resulting DF is ineffective. US out of units.

German orders?

Current state:
image.png

Ty Snouffer

TURN 5

: Germans Double Time to I5 to elim Sniper and capture their first victory location (3 to go!)
: US passes, Germans too.
EOT

On to Turn 6. Last Turn (aka Mad Scramble for Victory Locations)!

Germans win initiative and rally both Shaken MMCs.

German Orders?

Current state:
image.png

Ty Snouffer

Clever move. The Squad is Shaken by OF from the MMC and SW in J5.
US MMC in F5 begins to move. In the image we're mid move below. Question is do you want to OF or allow him to (probably) Melee Koch and friends?

Again, mid move:
image.png

Ty Snouffer

Yeah, a unit or two short of what you need.

Germans OF and cause casualties.
German impulse

Orders?

Current state:
image.png

Ty Snouffer

TURN 6
Plassman moves, captures a few hexes.
Medrow and Half Squad move and take them back.

Medic can't do anything material. EOG
U.S. Victory 6-1

Good game all!

End State
image.png

Barthheart

Staff member
WAIT! Does moving the medic to E5 and activating the reinforcements do anything?
I forget where they come on. Do they have enough movement to get to VP buildings?

Ty Snouffer

WRAP UP
Thanks Rydo and Barthheart for participating and helping work out the kinks. I hope you enjoyed it. I enjoyed moderating.

Anything you would change regarding the forum format we landed on?

From my end, the AEO did better than I expected but the scenario is pretty straightforward and the AEO rolled well overall. Although the Germans had initiative each turn. I expected them to get more out of that. I wonder if they would have benefitted from released the additional units via the events on the map.

All speculation and armchair quarterbacking at this point. It is a finely tuned scenario the requires quick actions. There also isn't a lot of time to recover if things don't go your way.

WHAT'S NEXT
Looking at the poll I posted, Nam and Red Star are the prefered theaters. I'll make an executive decision and start prepping a Red Star scenario. Hope folks are interested in participating!