Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Command Ops 2 Limited Time Offer Bundle Pack Coming Soon

EdJaws

Hi all, good to be here.

I've been out of the Command Ops loop for quite some time. I originally purchased RDOA and HttR when they first came out and enjoyed these games immensely. But my personal circumstances (health, money) didn't allow me to continue supporting the devs in the following years.

I stumbled on a post about Panther Games changing publishers and thought I'd look into it and see what they were up to, and what I see I'm liking very much. I do believe changing publishers will make a hell of a difference.

I'll be up front, I didn't buy BftB or the updated HttH and CotA. From what I understand, LNL publishing will be offering all the modules for $50.00 total to everyone even if they don't own them the CO1? I'm back onboard if that's the case. This has to be the all time best deal in the gaming industry.

I wish good luck and all the best to Panther Games and LNL Publishing.

PS. will the game be downloadable through Steam?

kipanderson

Hi,

From Dave...
“Going forward we will offer discounts to previous owners who have bought from LNL. Let's say next year we put out another substantial release of the engine. You will have at the time the option to upgrade your previous modules. You can upgrade these individually at 50% off the normal price (30 x .5 = 15) or you can take advantage of a bundle pack that will allow you to upgrade all your existing modules. At this stage we envisage the cost of the bundle upgrade will be $50. In other words the cost of upgrading and maintaining your data content will be capped to a reasonable amount with each major upgrade. Also note that there will be no upgrade fee for minor updates/patches.”

Actually.. that doesn’t sound too bad at all.
In the long run will probably not want to keep all modules going. Eastern Front ones and the odd other.. so very happy…. does not sound unreasonable and I am as poor as any ;).
$15 or $30 to keep my favourite one or two at anytime up to date is not too bad.
Greatly looking forward to the release,
All the best,
Kip.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Hi all, good to be here.

I've been out of the Command Ops loop for quite some time. I originally purchased RDOA and HttR when they first came out and enjoyed these games immensely. But my personal circumstances (health, money) didn't allow me to continue supporting the devs in the following years.

I stumbled on a post about Panther Games changing publishers and thought I'd look into it and see what they were up to, and what I see I'm liking very much. I do believe changing publishers will make a hell of a difference.

I'll be up front, I didn't buy BftB or the updated HttH and CotA. From what I understand, LNL publishing will be offering all the modules for $50.00 total to everyone even if they don't own them the CO1? I'm back onboard if that's the case. This has to be the all time best deal in the gaming industry.

I wish good luck and all the best to Panther Games and LNL Publishing.

PS. will the game be downloadable through Steam?
Thanks for the feedback EdJaws. No the game won't be downloadable through Steam.

EdJaws

Hi Dave and David,

From what I understand, purchasing within the first 90 days of release will cost 50.00 total for 5 modules (war fronts) with the game engine free. As I said before, that's a great price for what you're getting compared to what it would cost from your previous publisher.

That's just peachy for your previous buyers that have been following Panther Games and folks stumbling somehow into the LNL site within that time period. But turn that around and charging newcomers the normal cost of 150.00 ... well, I think you're going to have a hard time picking up new players no matter how good the game is.

Now, what if someone that's new to the game buys one module for 30.00 and decides this is an awesome game but decides 120.00 is just too much to pay for the rest of the modules?

My suggestion... offer all of the rest of the modules for a reduced price. Say 4 x 15.00 each = 60.00, but only if they buy them all. You just made a new costumer happy and made an extra 60.00 to boot, and still have the potential to sell them upgraded modules down the road.

Just my thoughts.

Have a great day fellas.

Ed

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hi Ed

I can't answer all the parts of your post but I can say that you do not need to buy all the War fronts at once. I will bring this up with Dave on maybe making a bundle pack if someone wants to buy the entire available set at once.

David

Falkon00

I would definitely be interested in the whole enchilada if the price was right.... I just got interested in the game in the last few months, and was going to pick them up during the Matrix winter sale but they got discontinued, that's when I found out about CO2... Glad I waited!

EdJaws

No the game won't be downloadable through Steam.

That's too bad because in my opinion getting this deal on Steam could potentially pull in the casual wargamer, especially with you releasing the game and three scenarios for free.

I wouldn't know the stats but reading the forums of some games I do own on steam and you read about people that buy a game, find out it's a dud for them and move on to something else. It seems they buy first then do their due diligence.

At least if you get your foot in the door (free engine, scenarios) there's a chance at least one war front module might be following in a future purchase. We all know this is a niche product but you got to get out there fishing for new players every way you can.

Obviously I don't know the circumstances of any contractual obligations. I'm just hoping you guys can make some money and keep on putting out a product.

Ed

Ubiquitous

I have some sympathy for Dave's reluctance to get onto Steam.

The thing to remember about Steam is that Valve are going to take a big cut of all Steam sales. I'm not privy to the details of any publisher's contract with Valve, but from other digital distribution platforms I would guess that you are looking at something like 30% of revenue. That's fine so long as you are paying 30% of sales that you wouldn't have made were it not for Steam, but I expect that, were the Steam option available, a significant share of those who would have bought anyway would switch to doing so through Steam. I know I would fall into this category.

EdJaws

Wow, 30% just for being a digital distributor, that's outrageous and I agree Dave shouldn't even entertain the idea. Thanks for setting me straight.

Even though I didn't specifically state it, I was thinking that after the release and the initial sales took place, perhaps 6 months down the road, that this might be an option for Dave to look into.

What is curious, and I know this first hand, is that I bought a game for a friend of mine when it was on sale on NewEgg and they sent me the keys for the download in an email and I forwarded the email to him and he was able to download it from stream??? I've read that you can do that with games purchased at GOG too.

No idea

Hello everybody. First post at this new forum.

It has been one month since the last update regarding the game going gold. Any new news?

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Hello everybody. First post at this new forum.

It has been one month since the last update regarding the game going gold. Any new news?
Well that's a bit harsh. I think if you look in the SITREP thread you will see many more recent updates. In fact I just posted a minute ago that as far as I am concerned we're done. Just waiting on LNL to finish up on their end. It won't be long now.

No idea

Oh, sorry for sounding a bit harsh. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

General Staff

Hi all, good to be here.

Ditto. I'm an old The Operational Art of War player, until it died a development death and have been looking around for alternatives since then, mostly away from Matrix. That's in the Digital Age, I used to own Trial of Strength back in 1985- great game, great to see it back!

I did keep an eye in on Command Ops but never had the time available to give it the time it deserved. A few things seem to have have changed since I last looked:

1) CO now has CO2 and is ex-Matrix. This didn't seem widely publicized though maybe I wasn't looking too hard.
2) David Heath has left Matrix. Again as in 1 as to this publicized, but it's great to see you back and here.

Just wondering when CO2 is going to be/has been released? And is this deal still available (some site links seem dead)?