Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Steam Keys

Alchenar

A month or so on, any updates? I note the steam store is up and running.

Alchenar

Assuming this is being actively worked on it would have been quicker just to have people email in their cd-keys and generate a steam key in return.

Sorry if this sounds hostile but if they were actively working on this, it would have been a matter of days, if not hours, instead of months. I was happy to wait since this was their first steam release (and a long awaited one for this series), but this is too much.

Please just email us the keys, on request (not all of your buyers will even want steam keys). It seems more convenient.

[Edit : I am not David Heath. Though we share the same profile photos. I am the actual Grand Admiral Thrawn from Chiss, now exiled to Earth by the new Disney Emperor, Darth Jay Jay]

Alchenar

Sorry if this sounds hostile but if they were actively working on this, it would have been a matter of days, if not hours, instead of months. I was happy to wait since this was their first steam release (and a long awaited one for this series), but this is too much.

Please just email us the keys, on request (not all of your buyers will even want steam keys). It seems more convenient.

[Edit : I am not David Heath. Though we share the same profile photos. I am the actual Grand Admiral Thrawn from Chiss, now exiled to Earth by the new Disney Emperor, Darth Jay Jay]

In fairness, integrating Steam into the website purchasing system is a complicated task that takes a fair bit of effort (and as pointed out on the first page, you do not want to leave yourself open to fraud).

But yeah, if you treat providing keys for historic purchases as a separate task then that's just a matter of pulling up your database of purchases, generating a steam key for every product sold, and emailing people their steam key when they ask for it. A few hours work to provide a decent customer service is worth the goodwill it generates.

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Look what would have been the easy answer was to state we won't be providing steam keys. We didn't do that and wanted to go the extra mile. We need you to wait until we have this working. Making comments it simple and if we care about customer service is not helpful in any. Not having a steam key is not stopping anyone from paying there LnLP edition. I think LnLP customer service has been way above average. So we will have this ready as soon as we can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Alchenar

No no no no no, to be clear it is definitely worse to promise something and then not deliver than to make not promises at all.

We know that storefront backends are difficult things you absolutely need to get right. But we also know that Steam lets you generate as many keys as you want at no cost. Getting steam keys to existing customers is a matter of effort, not time.

Also you can't just describe yourself as having above average customer service, that's not how this works.

Petri

Also happy to wait whatever it takes. Thanks for seeing the extra effort.

WayneB

Hello,

Just curious if there is any more news for owners of CO2, when Steam keys will be available.
thanks.

J. van Limpt

So from now on it is better to purchase e.g. modules for Command Ops 2 through Steam, instead of this website?

*budd*

So from now on it is better to purchase e.g. modules for Command Ops 2 through Steam, instead of this website?

Nope, you'd only get a steam key no drm free version. I guess I don't get why people who have a non- steam version are bothered, you can play the game just fine until it hits steam. Yea it's probably taking longer than people expected but what's the big deal as long as in the end you get the steam key. I'm more concerned with no info on the expected patch.

Bie

For the moment I own two modules bought through steam. I'll continue playing through steam and will probably buy some more modules later on.

What is the better option if I want to support the developer. Buy through LnL store or through steam? Or is there no difference?

*budd*

through the LnL website i imagine, steam doesnt get a cut if you buy from here.