Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.
Pegasus Bridge

Pegasus Bridge 1.2

Bie

Bie submitted a new resource:

Pegasus Bridge - The Pegasus Bridge scenario for Command Ops 2

The Pegasus Bridge scenario for Command Ops 2.

Includes the 8x8 km² around the Bénouville and Ranville bridges. Pits elements of the 6th Airborne against elements of the 21st Panzer Division. Can you hold the eastern most flank of the Allied invasion of Normandy? Or will your Panzers break the lines and endanger the whole of Operation Overlord?

This scenario is meant to be a historic scenario.

Read more about this resource...

simovitch

25m terrain tables might effect a number of different game functions and is not recommended as far as I know. Interested to hear how this goes

Bie

25m terrain tables might effect a number of different game functions and is not recommended as far as I know. Interested to hear how this goes
Thanks for the heads up simovitch. What are the things to look out for? For the moment I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary.

I changed the grid size as the two bridges couldn't be modeled in detail when using the standard size. The map would just not be viable if I just left it as is. Or it would need a major overhaul to suit the 100m grid size.

Last edited:

john connor

I'm playing it and haven't noticed any issues, Richard. What sort of things might arise?

simovitch

Dave would need to chime in here, but I think it effects firepower resolution, fuel consumption, spotting, etc. It would be nice if there were no such adverse effects, but I don't think that is the case.

Bie

To bad. Any recommendations on what the smallest usable grid would be?

simovitch

Wait until Dave comments before you change things up. But 100m has always been the design standard in every stock scenario.

col.sanders

Ok well on my first attempt as 6th Airborne I got a draw,I played it in .31 now attempt it as Airborne in .28,i like this one it's a pretty tough fight.the german units are rough on this, i found well placed 17 pounders very effective.I'll try to drill down on my next attempt and look for any anomalies.