Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.
Pegasus Bridge

Pegasus Bridge 1.2

Bie

I like that company fight ,it would be nice to do that in other situations,thanks for that one Bie.

Glad you like it.

For the moment I'm working on the next scenario in the "Pegasus Bridge" pack. It's a bigger scenario that spans from Sword Beach to Caen and will hopefully give you more freedom than the other two scenarios. I've made a post for this scenario over here.

Maybe as a final little scenario I also might create the assault on the Merville Battery. But I'm not sure how viable that would be. It would have to a tiny scenario and definitely have to be a platoon based one.

Last edited:

Bie

col.sanders

Awesome Bie that was fast,I just downloaded this and will check it out i'm not the best tester but highly motivated.

Reactions: Bie

TMO

Here's a thought... Regarding the current lack of naval bombardment, wouldn't creating a Forward Observation Officer Unit (or several) sort this out? So create a number of ships artillery units you want to call in on D-Day, for instance, and assign them to this FOO unit. No need for 'floating islands'.

Regards

Tim

john connor

Nice idea, though the way Bie has done it in the scenario is, I think, very adequate and elegant. It doesn't look like a 'floating island' - it's very minimal.

Here's a thought... Regarding the current lack of naval bombardment, wouldn't creating a Forward Observation Officer Unit (or several) sort this out? So create a number of ships artillery units you want to call in on D-Day, for instance, and assign them to this FOO unit. No need for 'floating islands'.

Regards

Tim
The only off map abstraction for bombardment is for airstrikes, the arrival of which are randomized by weather conditions.

Off map naval artillery was more reliable because, as you mention with FOO units, it isn't dependent on having good weather for spotting targets from a distance (or from overhead). However, the current game engine doesn't provide for it as an off-map asset.

john connor

I thought, Jim, that he meant you would create a special FO unit that contained the actual big guns required - a kind of special estab creation, so that you would call it an FO, to make pleasant enough map candy, but in fact it would really be the actual firing units. Maybe I read him wrong. If he did mean that then the units would be vulnerable to counter-fire and attack in the way distant destroyers etc wouldn't be, of course. Either way, like I said, Bie solved it very nicely.

TMO

Hi John, you read me correctly but hadn’t thought of counter-battery fire!

Kind regards

Tim

TMO

I was assuming that, for instance, HMS Warspite FOO would be kept well out of harms way.

Kind regards

Tim

Bie

I was assuming that, for instance, HMS Warspite FOO would be kept well out of harms way.

Kind regards

Tim
I quite like the idea of forward observers, but I'm afraid that it would be difficult to implement. In game terms they would need to have the artillery pieces in their unit and this means the guns can be shot at and destroyed.

Secondly the range of the naval guns. Both the destroyers' and cruisers' naval guns wouldnt normally cover the whole map. If you have a forward observer it would mean that it can move and possibly always be in range.

TMO

Hi Bie, you make good points about range and vulnerability but wouldn’t D+2,3,4 etc still be in range of naval guns? There are other scenarios that I would like to call in “off board” artillery. Have just started to look at your Pegasus scenarios and I have to say they look fantastic!

Kind regards

Tim

Bie

Bie updated Pegasus Bridge with a new update entry:

Objectives and OOB update

- Another update for the objectives. Both Allies and Axis will now spread out more as apposed to keeping their units near the center of the map.
- OOB update: added part of the 51st Highland Division as historical reinforcements. I Corps HQ will now land as well late in the game.
- Added favourable reinforcement schedules for both sides. Allies wil have full control of the naval Task Force D and another Brigade of the 51st will land on Sword. Axis will have another regiment of the 346th...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Bie

col.sanders

I was pretty far along on .98 so will try 1.0 after,so far it's looking pretty good to me.I get a picture of the fight to link up with the Airborne.I've been playing as allies,will have to try the axis next.nice scenario thank You for the effort looks like alot of work.