Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

LnLT Digital Feature Requests

House Rules: Changing some thresholds for the dice could improve the game experience, e.g. Laying smoke is fun and adds a lot to the tactical behavior, but in the standard rules shall it be <= 2 for success. The risk for failure is too great and that prevents me from using it in many cases.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
House Rules: Changing some thresholds for the dice could improve the game experience, e.g. Laying smoke is fun and adds a lot to the tactical behavior, but in the standard rules shall it be <= 2 for success. The risk for failure is too great and that prevents me from using it in many cases.

IIRC, that threshold keeps the usage of smoke inside historical range but I could be wrong

RDO

It would be nice to have an option to set frame/refresh rate cap. I have a surface book 2 and it's one of the few programs that gets the fans running. I saw others were having the same problem over in the steam forums and a request was made there too.

Tom Proudfoot

Digital Designer
Vertical sync is allegedly set, though I don't have an easy way to verify if it is actually working. If your monitor refresh is 120 that might not do much, though, I suppose.

Tom Proudfoot

Digital Designer
Poking around the Unity docs, there is a frame rate cap - though it disables vertical sync, you only get to pick one or the other, for some reason. So since I personally prefer vsync, that means I'll put an option on the settings screen for it. :p

Wiggum

Please add a option to disable the weather effects!

Just like we can disable map tinting for night/dusk we should be able to deactivate the weather effects. Not only the visual effect but also the sound should be gone then.

I personally dislike the rain effect and heavy rain slows down my game.

Tom Proudfoot

Digital Designer
Are you a hummingbird? :O

For the next version, I changed the max on the slider to be the current resolution refresh rate, I think that is correct (can't refresh any faster than that, anyway!). Shows up as 60 for me, should be 165 for you.

Wiggum

Please add a Hotkey to hide all windows, this would be nice for screenshots and other situations.

Wiggum

Please add these features:

Always ask before doing a spotting check if the player selected a "Direct Fire" Action instead of a dedicated "Spotting Attempt".
Currently the spotting check is done instantly automatically if your target is not spotted. Me and my friends had so much trouble with unintentional triggered spotting checks because we did not realize the unit we wanted to fire on was not spotted. This can sometimes determine the outcome of a whole scenario, please add a window that asks "Do you want to do a spotting check?".

The Reinforcement window should show the hex or hexes where the reinforcements can/will enter the map. This would be a very valuable information for the player and there is enough room to display it in this window.

Please add these two important informations to the "Terrain Info window":
  • Information about Terrain height
  • Information about different stacking limit. Some terrain like heavy jungle has a different stacking limit this should be diplayed

Wiggum

Please add a option to turn off the display of the % chance to hit.
And maybe add the save date and time to the name of autosave files.

Grimshok

Posted this on Steam, but am going to provide a copy here as well, for coverage. Thanks!

1) Custom Scenario files (like a Minecraft resource pack) with custom counters, available unit lists, events & reinforcement times, maps/tiles, etc. (the more you make this game customizable, the more it will live forever!). Simply being able to add some .txt and picture files to a .zip file and renaming it .scn would be AWESOME); (1B) you could also Go ELITE and develop a Unit Creation Tool as a Counter/Unit Creator (graphics and properties file), for standardization. This could act in-lieu of the Renaming Tool others have suggested... just create our own!)

2) Action Buttons (low-crawl & lay smoke type action buttons) often are 'unclickable' for me, and their tool-tips often don't appear unless I scroll to the bottom of the map (background/map interference?) I'd like to see them larger (or adjustable in size), with clearer tool-tips please.

3) "Don't show Fire & Melee icons if its not available"= provide a mini-tool tip on hover-over enemy (i.e. 'No LOS', *instead* of the Fire button with a separate message down below). Although this has been somewhat mitigated by the Reason Dialog in the lower-right corner, not having the option available in the first place would be better; OR Perhaps the second or third time I try to do something (ie click Fire with no LOS) as a newb, the dialog could appear in a center-screen message/pop-up.

It's exciting! This game is awesome already, and this format is the best computer-assisted-tactical-counter based game adaption on the market! Thank You! for letting us be a part of it with our suggestions!

Wiggum

Please change the "Lay Smoke" icon to something that resembles smoke or a smoke grenade. Currently it looks like a dot or stone and i often forget i even have the option to lay smoke (my MP buddys have the same opinion on that icon).

Wiggum

Thinking about some UI elements...

Whats is the purpose of this little window? I never figured this out, it just makes the UI lock less clean. We already have this info at the bottom window except for the Terrain type (which could easily be included into the bottom window).
20200430095943_1.jpg

Can we maybe get rid of it or is there a hidden function i dont understand?