Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

LnLT Digital Bug List

Leovdw

Looks like it's crashing at the video intro, after loading it but before (during?) playing it.

It should be skipping that already if you're on Windows 7, so I assume you are not. If you just hold down the spacebar when starting the game it will also skip the video. Another (permanent) method is to edit the starting parameters in Steam: right click the game name in the steam library->Properties and then type skipintro in the Launch Options box.

Let me know if that works or not, the Unity video player seems to be pretty fussy and it would be good to have another example of where it does not work if it was indeed the problem. Thanks!
Thanks Tom that worked, skipintro.
Have a good day.

lampcord

I think the latest update with fires is causing a bug. My latest campaign seems to go into an endless loop checking for fire results. I can send a game save if wanted.

lampcord

Done. I sent the turn right before it happens. If you click the skip turn button to end turn it checks for fire moral and then the message box says:
Fire roll.

over and over.

Tom Proudfoot

Digital Designer
OK it's fixed & uploaded. Was a dumb bug with fire counters removed on a previous turn hanging around off-board (dunno why nobody ever noticed them rolling offboard before; it only crashed now because of the new check for what type of terrain it's in.) Thanks!

Al Davis

A few things

Been using “battle Generator” and noticed these differences. Also understand that LnLT is

still in beta. The “BG” has been a great source of learning the rules better. On many

Occasions the digital will do something causing a rule check in the V.5.1 rule book.

These are a few of them.

1. V. 5.1 rules

• If the attacker’s modified die-roll is

greater than the defender’s die-roll,

each of the defending units must take

a Damage Check by rolling 1d6, adding

the difference between the attacker’s

modified die-roll and the defender’s

die-roll, and then consulting the

Damage Check Table (DCT).

1. the attacks have only an effect on one unit in a stack.

2. Unlike direct-fire ordnance (14.0), indirect-

fire weapons may or may not

see their target, and instead lob their

shells through an arcing trajectory. Indirect-

fire attacks use the DFT. Indirect

fire such as Off -board Artillery (OBA)

and Mortar WTs attacks always attack

all levels of a Building and, in hexes containing

a Bunker or Cave (10.4.1), units

inside and outside of the Bunker or Cave;

roll once and adjust the TM accordingly.

2. Mortar WT are only hitting one level in an multi level building.

3. As noted previously, moving MMCs, WTs

and SMCs (not Low Crawl or Stealth

Movement)—or those under a Moved or

Assault Moved marker—that are Fired

upon suffer a modifier of +1 added to the

attacker’s DFT die-roll.

3. Mortar WT are not receiving the +1 to the DFT attack.

4. LOS that is traced along a hexside with

blocking/degrading terrain on one side

is not blocked/degraded. Exception:

Smoke blocks LOS traced along a hexside

regardless of the terrain in the adjacent

hex.

4. Attacks along the hex side of SMOKE or FIRE are not blocked.

5. Remove the Acquisition and Acquiring

markers if the target moves or if the attacker

switches targets doesn’t fire its

ordnance again at all, moves or is Shaken.

All non-vehicular units (if they were

the targets) have to leave the hex in order

to remove the Acquisition marker.

5 Units still have acquired markers on empty hexes.

6. . Forest and Wheat Fields, block LOS

and are also not spotted unless units in

the hex perform an action, such as firing

or moving, that causes the hex to become

spotted.

6. Attacks are not blocked.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Al, are you saying that scenarios created with the battle generator of LNLT Digital are not following the rules? Because most of what you are reporting is working eprfectly fine in the regular scenarios

1. the attacks have only an effect on one unit in a stack.
What kind of attack? OFT attack will only target one type of target (vehicle or leg) in a hex. And what do you mean by affect? Since the DC is made per unit, you might very well end up with a stack of unit where only one is shaken, for example. You'll have to provide more context.

2. Mortar WT are only hitting one level in an multi level building.
Bug. Press F3 in game to report it next time

3. Mortar WT are not receiving the +1 to the DFT attack.

4. Attacks along the hex side of SMOKE or FIRE are not blocked.

5 Units still have acquired markers on empty hexes.
Not following you here. How can a unit be in an empty hex? and is Acquired put on the attacker or target in your understanding?

6. Attacks are not blocked.
Attacks into a Forest or a Wheat Field are not blocked, just the ones beyond those obstacles

Al Davis

5. Units that are acquiring(firing)at the hex keep the acquire counter 1 on the empty hex that was occupied.
2,3,4 have all been reported as per F3
1. The printed rule states all units are hit. I have had HE hit a stack and only affect one unit.
This is in Battle Generator.
6. bad wording on my part, wheatfields between target hexes on the same elevation are not blocking.
Thanks for the reply.

Al Davis

Am I the only one playing Battle Generator with all the bugs? F3 is getting worn out.

JimCunningham

This isn't necessarily a bug. I've been working on a scenario for Heroes of North Africa. I ran the scenario computer vs computer multiple times as a way to test the scenario. After tweaking a couple of different things, the next time I tried to test the game engine freezes right after loading with "PREGAME" in the middle box on the right. I've tried to undo the most recent changes, but nothing seems to help. I know it is a shot in the dark, any idea or suggestion for something (or something missing) in the scenario data that might cause the engine to freeze at PREGAME? Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-04-08 072845.png
    Screenshot 2022-04-08 072845.png
    355.8 KB · Views: 2

Tom Proudfoot

Digital Designer
Sounds like it's getting hung up on some event or setup thing. Can you attach the scenario file here (not sure of the file limits)?

Tom Proudfoot

Digital Designer
Ok I loaded it up in the editor and see what the deal is. :)

It appears that Sgt. van Hoose is a passenger of some unit that got deleted, and it "crashes" when the scenario starts and it tries to put him in the proper spot. I say "crashes" because Unity tries to gamely keep going after a crash and it usually just results in some weird stuff happening.

The easy fix on your end is to delete van Hoose from that first German group and re-add him. I will look into how to more gracefully detect this and keep it from happening on mine!

JimCunningham

Ok I loaded it up in the editor and see what the deal is. :)

It appears that Sgt. van Hoose is a passenger of some unit that got deleted, and it "crashes" when the scenario starts and it tries to put him in the proper spot. I say "crashes" because Unity tries to gamely keep going after a crash and it usually just results in some weird stuff happening.

The easy fix on your end is to delete van Hoose from that first German group and re-add him. I will look into how to more gracefully detect this and keep it from happening on mine!
Great, thanks very much Tom! I've fooled around a bit with Unity, it's a very interesting development environment. :)

JimCunningham

Hi Tom, no rush, in fact not sure now that it is a "bug". I'm making larger scenarios (15-20 units per side, 4 x 4 map layouts) and what I thought was a program freeze might be the time it takes the program routine to calculate and execute it's next move. I'm seeing pauses of 45-60 seconds at the beginning of a scenario which gradually get smaller as the forces suffer units knocked out.

Tom Proudfoot

Digital Designer
Yeah that save is super slow - yeesh! However, I've been working on some scenarios that have a ton of units as well and don't see the same kind of slowness, so there's something weird going on. Investigating now! :)