LnLT Digital Bug List

Discussion in 'Lock 'n Load Tactical Digital' started by David Heath, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Tom Proudfoot

Tom Proudfoot Digital Designer

Got it, it broke when when I added the Quick skill, which was last week sometime (don't remember which day).

Basically for that skill I had to add a record of the number of hexes a unit moves in LOS, and the # of hexes was getting off between the two computers because opfire in multiplayer is a weird mess. :p And even without the skill it now checks that # with "1 hex moved" being the normal trigger (2 if you have the skill) etc etc long story short, gonna do a few more tests just for paranoia, then upload a build.

If you were 'krysterferrobin' you get a bonus star for the bug report that had the nice crash error message.

2. gipi

gipi Member

I'm not Krysterferrobin (i'd love to be him), but i'm happy you found the problem and thanks, really, for your kindness and fast response :)

Tom Proudfoot likes this.
  3. Jones

Jones Member

Tom, the support provided for LnLTD stands head and shoulders above so many other game developers. Thank you for all the work you put into this great wargame.

4. Marcin

Marcin Member

Hi
    I have problem with UI display. Unexpectadly game stopped some elements UI in scenario and mine menu ( like screed ). Re-install game did not help. On my two others computer game works without this problem.

Attached Files:

5. Tom Proudfoot

Start the game, press F6, then rotate the game back to English at the top of the screen.

6. Marcin

Marcin Member

You are a genius :) I already wanted to reinstall Windows 10 :) Big thanks.

7. Michael De Meirleir

I'm experiencing the same problems as @dhines ( strobe flashing). I got rid of it by setting the graphics quality (under "options" in the main menu) to "Very high" instead of "Ultra".

8. frem

frem Member

Hi,
    The game does not launch on Apple Macbook (M1, big sur) : "BuildMac cannot open"
    Could you please advise?
    Regards

9. Tom Proudfoot

Hi there - it looks like when Unity updated to 2020, it changed some settings that removed the Steam libraries for Apple CPUs. I think I found how to fix it, and it will be in today's version (probably uploaded in about 5 hours or so). I verified that it (still) works on an Intel with Big Sur, so hopefully that was the problem, but I don't have an M1 to be sure. Let me know if it fixes it, thanks!

frem likes this.
  10. frem

frem Member

Hello dear Tom,
    Thank you for your prompt action; it's really appreciated. Unfortunately, the fix does not work on M1. If of any help, the Dyld Error Message is:
    "could not load inserted library '/Users/frem/Library/Application Support/Steam/Steam.AppBundle/Steam/Contents/MacOS/steamloader.dylib' because no suitable image found.
    Did find:
    /Users/frem/Library/Application Support/Steam/Steam.AppBundle/Steam/Contents/MacOS/steamloader.dylib: no matching architecture in universal wrapper
    /Users/frem/Library/Application Support/Steam/Steam.AppBundle/Steam/Contents/MacOS/steamloader.dylib: stat() failed with errno=1"

11. Tom Proudfoot

That does help, thanks. I will give it another attempt today. Did it ever work on the M1, btw?

12. Tom Proudfoot

Another attempt in today's build (just uploaded). No idea if it actually changes anything so let me know, thanks!

13. frem

frem Member

Hi Tom,
    Thank you for your effort. Unfortunately it still does not work (to answer your question a bit late, sorry, I have not seen it work on M1). However, when I open the "BuildMac" content in /Users/frem/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Lock 'n Load Tactical/BuildMac.app/Contents/MacOS and launch LnLTactical, the program starts (Made with Unity, the lock 'n Load loading screen), the patch notes appear and in a second the program terminates with the terminal window reading:
    /Users/frem/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Lock\ \'n\ Load\ Tactical/BuildMac.app/Contents/MacOS/LnLTactical ; exit;
    frem@M1 ~ % /Users/frem/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Lock\ \'n\ Load\ Tactical/BuildMac.app/Contents/MacOS/LnLTactical ; exit;
    Saving session...
    ...copying shared history...
    ...saving history...truncating history files...
    ...completed.
    Deleting expired sessions... 19 completed.

Jones likes this.
  14. Tom Proudfoot

OK, I will get my hands on a M1 somehow and figure it out. Sorry about the trouble.

Jones likes this.
  15. frem

frem Member

Thank you my good man. Hope you will enjoy the M1 (quite a beast!). In between, all the best.