Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

LnLT Digital Bug List

PeterA

I searched and didn't see anything about this.Hopefully I didn't miss anything. Flash...Thunder scenario OOB only shows Hird and there is no explanation regarding reinforcements. Therefore when playing as the Americans, Hird is the only unit, he uses the clicker and he is done. The following turns the same thing and he is unable to move or do anything but opportunity fire. No reinforcements for the Americans ever show up. Seems like a bug to me.

rmmwilg

Re DLC Normandy scenario: Flash...Thunder!:

The first character/unit in the US setup is a 2-2-6 hero; however, this unit is treated in game as an NME if attacked in Melee! By definition, as a hero, that's obviously ridiculous, but even more so, when in the first turn, that's your only unit! For example: the hero has to be the one to 'click the clacker' in that first turn, and a German unit is spawned in the first turn right next to him, but you can't do anything, because the hero is now 'Ops Complete'. Then in the next, second turn, other German units are spawned, but again the hero is immobilized, since he's the only US unit on the board and therefore has to 'click-the-clacker'. The original, German unit now advances into melee with him and automatically wipes him out, because he's an NME and so...game over before the US player has had a chance to do anything at all!!!

Which leads to the next bug:
The Germans are allowed to just charge into melee with US units despite the special melee rule (not spotted at beginning of impulse), but of course, the US can't do the same.

Then, at just the right (wrong!) time, with US units on the right side of the board, the ability to exit American units suddenly disappeared (ie. exit hexes ceased to be active)! They came back the next turn, after giving the Germans just that extra time they needed to catch up!

Then there's more angst with the special event of a paratrooper found hungup in a tree:
As the US, when I moved into the hex to claim him in an ops phase, nothing happened. Fair enough, it told me I would have to use all my remaining MP's for that, so I waited for the next rally phase. After nothing had still happened at that point, I dragged that counter to my unit in the rally phase, just like I would recover a SW. It was duly 'attached' to my unit, just like a SW would be, but then every ops phase after that, a dagger icon would be highlighted telling me to retrieve that paratrooper. The problem is that clicking the icon did nothing no matter what form of movement I selected! When I exited with it still 'attached' to my unit, I never got the extra VP for it.

Just want to mention that I'm not trying to tear someone's efforts apart. I've spent the time compiling these notes, about just this one scenario, because I can appreciate just how much fun it could be if the rules were applied consistently, rather than the player left so flummoxed with things not working properly that they can't enjoy the inbuilt chaos of this particular scenario! Even with the advantage set to max for the US, it just kept becoming an exercise in frustration!

Wiggum

Trying to unload a Squad to Assault move seems broken, i have to click numerouse times on the "unload" button, then once it works the vehicle is also marked as "Assault move", i guess thats against the rules.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
No it's not against the rules but Tom is working on this because, at the moment, the vehicle and the passengers share the same Moved/Assault Move counter

Wiggum

Off-Board Artillery Strikes still dont show the FP of the attacking Artillery in the results window, making the results very confusing.

The NVA would later be successful in Rallying a VC unit. Different groups can Rally one another.
See bottom of screen shot.The Battle of Long Tan. I was Australians. Opponent NVA/VC.
Screenshot (13).png

Wiggum

Multiple reports of Auto-Rally no longer working correctly in the Steam Forums. Could not test it myself yet.

Jack Ruetty

I have recently had issues with this. Push the auto rally button and try to rally shaken units. Cycle through all possible rallies. Auto rally button stays on. When you go to exit the rally phase get a message warning there are other rallies to be done do you really want to exit. More inconvenience than anything else.

Jack

Wiggum

Tom please include the Firepower of Off-Board Artillery in the results window, its really confusing currently since the FP is not show, instead only the roll is shown which is also breaking the logic since normally (of course) the Firepower is always added in the results window.

ejwolski

Couple of items after having played all of the released scenarios:

1. Achievements not being awarded for winning 12 Nam or Normandy scenarios. I've won all of the scenarios playing from both sides.
2. Was playing a Nam scenario (human NVA vs Computer USA) and I was prompted to designate a Helo LZ for incoming American forces although I was the NVA player.
3. Tiger Eliminated, Sir! not awarded when Pz35 is eliminated in Cauquigny standalone or combined scenarios.

Cheers!

Wiggum

Acquiring markers still seem buggy, had multiple Acquiring markers instantly dissapear during single player (no the vehicle did not move further). A panzerfaust shot at a tank, missed, got a Acquiring marker and once i ended the impuls the Acquiring marker instantly dissappeared

Wiggum

An interesting MP bug report was just reported on Steam:

"Didn't know about F3/Shift B so will attempt to detail it here.

Playing Heroes of Normandy, Brothers in Arms, PvP, I was the Germans.

Second StuG was available as a reinforcement. I selected it, but when given the entry hex, I cancelled (pressed X) and then selected my Medic.

Moved my Medic, which although it moved as requested, tank track sounds were heard by me (not the other player).

Later when I selected the reinforcements, tank track sounds were heard and the screen centred on the Medic, with no reinforcements available, no unit selected and we had to reload."

ejwolski

I'm having system issues - screen starts strobing then deteriorates to a mess of lines and flashing boxes. Started after one of the May/Jun updates - game is unplayable. I'm on a late 2015 iMac (Mojave 10.14.6) with the following hardware specs (see below). I am able to play via Parallels albeit a bit slower response than the native Mac version.

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac17,1

Processor Name: Intel Core i5

Processor Speed: 3.3 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 6 MB

Memory: 32 GB

Boot ROM Version: 428.0.0.0.0

SMC Version (system): 2.34f2

Serial Number (system): C02SD0STGG7N

Hardware UUID: AF08F41B-CCEC-50DD-9DFA-B3FC3915562C

ejwolski

Playing Heroes of the Red Star - Red Backer One. Plays fine with US as human and Soviets as computer. However, when US is computer, Team Yankee is left off board entirely. You see them in the game summary as off board but they never enter play. I was unable to submit via F3.

Tom Proudfoot

Digital Designer
Ah, I fixed something in yesterday's build that needed me to remove the hex labels that were off the board, and the US setup in Red Backer One was using one of these, doh! Will be fixed in today's build, thanks!

andyl71

In 1.6 of V5.0 of the Core Rules it says that a shaken or GO squad can abandon a support weapon in the Operations Phase by moving out of the hex:

During the Operations Phase (4.0),
SWs can be abandoned by GO or Shaken units that exit a hex for any reason; leave an abandoned SW in the
hex, and those that were assembled
on their assembled side

I don't seem to be able to do this. I have 2 squads in a hex, one GO and one Shaken with a SW. I want the Shaken unit to abandon the MG34 and exit the hex, but they take it with them if I deselect the SW before moving them.

Bug, or non-implemented rule maybe?