Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

SITREP

Beserko

Got mine plus the scenario pacts. I had an unusually hard time loading the {free} core pack. Finally gave up. Next day, it worked fine 1st time. Now to start learning and strategizing! .

Many thanks a and congrats.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
SITREP 1815 Thu 9 Apr 20115

Hi all,

Just thought I would let you know what the state of play was right now. I have been very busy this last week addressing the concerns that a fair number of users have mentioned about the management of the dialogs.

Gone is the Main dialog. I have instead incorporated the dialog buttons into the Display toolbar at the bottom of the screen. These now include buttons for every dialog including the first force data dialog, the first task edit dialog and the first task view dialog. Additional force and task dialogs don't get a dedicated button, I'm afraid.

The dialog buttons work as a toggle. If the dialog is not active, it activates it. If it is active it dismisses it. There is also an "All" button. It too works on a toggle. If there are active dialogs it will hide them all. If there are hidden dialogs it will activate those hidden. All dialog positions are remembered. So now a single click hides all the dialogs on the screen and another click brings them all back where they were. It ignores any dismissed dialogs.

I have all this working with the exception of the force and task data dialogs. I hope to finish off these tomorrow.

Revised GUI #1.jpg
I intend addressing the following issues next:
  • Icon Selection issue
  • Facing issue
  • Group Selection issue
  • Intel issue
  • HQ Holdout issue
  • Out of Sync issue
  • Estab Compile issue
Once I have these done I will declare this final. If there are genuine bugs still remaining I'll fix these over time. But my main focus will then be on getting out the Westwall and KOAD modules. After that we can start work on the next update. I am happy to have a conversation about what that should entail. I know some want to spend more time on other UI features. If there is enough demand for this then perhaps we can do a minor update addressing a small selection of UI changes. If not, then I will proceed to focus on Sequential Tasking and Triggers. I will need these to model Mounted Ops and mounted ops is needed for the East front modules.

Last edited:

john connor

All sounds great, Dave. Good to not dwell too long in one place on the roadmap. We need to get to Russia.

kipanderson

Hi,

Yup... I agree with all that John posted above :).

BTW..For operations the Eastern Front really is ideal.. In my very biased opinion.. ;).

All the best,

Kip.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Actually I had to write code that adjusts the width of the buttons based on the screen size. On a 1366 wide screen (our minimum supported screen width ) they are only 26pixels wide, which is less than half the width you see there on my 1920 wide screen.

The Plodder

Actually I had to write code that adjusts the width of the buttons based on the screen size. On a 1366 wide screen (our minimum supported screen width ) they are only 26pixels wide, which is less than half the width you see there on my 1920 wide screen.
I'm glad to see that was addressed, that was my worry looking at the screenshot.

Ripppe

Superb stuff Dave. Have you had any time between the bug fixing to ponder what kind of scenarios would be included in the new modules?

pekische

Dave, nice to see your work :) Do you plan also hotkeys for each dialog button? It would be very helpful....

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Dave, nice to see your work :) Do you plan also hotkeys for each dialog button? It would be very helpful....
Well every hot key bar two are taken. So any hotkeys would require a Modifier key. I had intended using Alt key plus the number keys. But so far that hasn't worked. The KeyDown() code captures the Alt key but won't accept it as a modifier key for some reason that eludes me. I tried using the Control key but with mixed results. So I may have to resort to the Shift key.

Mickt014

Would be nice to be able to get this version game working properly before anymore updates. Still have not been able to finish one game yet

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
The Westwall Module comprises twelve scenarios:
  1. Arnaville Bridgehead
  2. Bake comes West
  3. Counterstroke in the Swamp
  4. Encircling Aachen
  5. Flanking Metz
  6. Geilenkirchen
  7. Ordeal at Overloon Part 1