Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

SITREP

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Peter,

Why don't you join our beta test team. I just finally got a new dev build out based on 5.0.12. It's the first since CO2. With the dev build you can get perfect intel and see for yourself. If you want in email me. You will need to sign a standard Non Disclosure Agreement and send me a resume and contact details.

john connor

That's a kind offer, Dave. Thanks. Extremely tempting! What does it entail though - committing to a certain number of hours per week, or something like that? Because I'm not very reliable in that sense, for a variety or reasons.

Peter

BigDuke66

Talking about the AI, is there a part in the AI that does assess the overall strategic situation? Could the problem be there?
Just because the units are capable of mounting an attack does not necessarily mean that it's good to do that.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Talking about the AI, is there a part in the AI that does assess the overall strategic situation? Could the problem be there?
Just because the units are capable of mounting an attack does not necessarily mean that it's good to do that.
Yes there is and I am sure we can make this better over time. Right now though priority should be on ensuring we have the basics down pat first - ie Fire, Move, Defend. Then we can look at how the AI handles the more strategic aspects. You have to a firm foundation before you put the roof on. Sometimes this means you have to put up with a bit of rain in the meantime. But don't worry we will get there. :)

Daz

Daz,

If you want to join the beta testers too you'd be more than welcome.
Thanks for the offer Dave, I'm flattered :happy:

Like Peter my commitment to the game can be very erratic, for a variety of reasons, as you have already discovered when you asked me to do the Situational Awareness Maps.
Would love to know more about being a "Beta Tester", maybe you could send me an email when you get time?
I assume you mean an Alpha Tester though, as we are all Beta Testers at the moment ;)

BigDuke66

I think it was mentioned somewhere but I can't find it anymore, so will the Commander Pack stay at that price level?
Or will it raise the price if those 90 days(when is the deadline?) are over?

With the latest patch running without crashes I wanted to promote the game a bit but I would like to know if the Commander Pack stays that cheap or gets more expensive just to give them the right perspective.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
SITREP 1630 Thursday 21 May 2015

I have just put out a new Dev build for our beta testers 5.0.13. I won't be putting out a corresponding release version as it really only addresses debug issues. This is only our second Dev build for CO2 and is required so our testers can start play balance testing the new Westwall module. This module covers battles along the Western front in late 44/early 45. Scenarios include:
  1. Arnaville Bridgehead
  2. Bake comes West
  3. Counterstroke in the Swamp
  4. Encircling Aachen
  5. Flanking Metz
  6. Geilenkirchen
  7. Ordeal at Overloon. Part 1
  8. Ordeal at Overloon. Part 2
  9. Plan Martin
  10. The Siegfried Switch
  11. The Stolberg Corridor
  12. Through the West Wall

Ripppe

Really nice Dave! It's nice to see that things are moving smoothly forward. Unofrtunately I've been unable to find time to give some love for CO2, but I have my hopes up that the situation gets better in June. We'll see about that...

About the Westwall module: how is the releasing schedule looking? What kind of price tag can we expect to see?

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
I went through the first half of the scenarios today and determined that more work is needed. They all have an historical reinforcement schedule but I am asking the designers to add other standard, favour Axis and favour Allied schedules to add variety and replayability to the scenarios. But we're pressing ahead with play balancing the historical versions now. Much depends on how much support I can get from my beta testers. I want to release this module next month, probably towards the latter part.

Price will be $29.99.

Kurt

Ooh yes , but dont hold your breath ! I will start with the maps first :happy:

gravyface

I'd love to sign up to be a beta tester. I can commit 4-6 hours a week on average; I have 20 years of IT experience, 5 as as Java/C#/Web Developer; been playing PC wargames since Ancient Art of War on my monochrome IBM XT clone. :smug:

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
SITREP 1100 12 Jun 2015

It's not been the most productive week as I have been fending of the flu. My wife has been off from work for over a week now and that's despite the fact we both took flu shots. I hope next week to wrap up the final release and put out a new version of the bulge modules that include The Plodder's lovely situation awareness maps.